This is the blog for Eric Zinda, the Exospecies strategy game and Inductor. You’ll find lots of different topics about game development, the Exospecies game in particular and other things covered here.
Latest Blog Posts
- Building Exospecies AI: Inductor HTN Example
- Building Exospecies AI: Inductor HTN Overview
- Building Exospecies AI: Using Prolog to Manage HTN State
- Building Exospecies AI: Parsing
- Building Exospecies AI: HTN Implementation Overview
A bunch of resources like Podcasts and papers that I’ve found interesting, fascinating or useful.
Open Source Projects
In developing Exospecies, I’ve spent a lot of time working through issues that I think other developers (especially game developers) could benefit from, so I’ve begun open sourcing that work:
Hierarchical Task Networks
My work building an AI for Exospecies produced a useful library for building a specific kind of AI Planner called a Hierarchical Task Network.
Here are the open source projects that you can use to leverge it:
- Inductor HTN - The HTN Planner
- Inductor Prolog - A general-purpose embeddable Prolog Compiler
- Inductor Parser - A C++ Template-Based Parser