This is the development blog for Eric Zinda. You’ll find lots of different topics about game development, the Exospecies game in particular, and other things covered here.
Latest Blog Posts
- Natural Language Processing: Natural Language as Logic
- Building Exospecies AI: Inductor HTN in Exospecies
- Building Exospecies AI: Inductor HTN Example
- Building Exospecies AI: Inductor HTN Overview
- Building Exospecies AI: Using Prolog to Manage HTN State
A bunch of resources like Podcasts and papers that I’ve found interesting, fascinating or useful.
Open Source Projects
In developing Exospecies, I’ve spent a lot of time working through issues that I think other developers (especially game developers) could benefit from, so I’ve begun open sourcing that work:
Hierarchical Task Networks
My work building an AI for Exospecies produced a useful library for building a specific kind of AI Planner called a Hierarchical Task Network.
Here are the open source projects that you can use to leverge it:
- Inductor HTN - The HTN Planner
- Inductor Prolog - A general-purpose embeddable Prolog Compiler
- Inductor Parser - A C++ Template-Based Parser